As the founder of NFP Partners, and now easing into retirement, I am searching for the right person who can supply energy, vision, and expertise to help grow our business. Although not practicing as a CPA firm, we provide accounting technology and outsourced accounting services to the nonprofit community and believe having an experienced CPA on the team is important for quality control and image. This key position would include roles in business planning, marketing and sales, building internal control structures, and project review and supervision. The successful candidate will have a relatively short-term ownership opportunity.
The following are the ideal personal and professional attributes we are looking for:
- A CPA who is aspiring to build a business outside of the traditional public or corporate accounting career path and has 5 – 10 years of experience in public or private accounting
- Strong appreciation for the work done by nonprofit organizations
- Direct experience working with nonprofit organizations as an auditor, CFO or controller
- Relevant knowledge and experience utilizing information technology including accounting software, cloud-based applications, website design and social media
- Strong communication skills in speaking, writing and collaborating
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
If you are a potential candidate or can recommend someone, please contact me.
Lee Bengston, CPA