With the world continuously shifting, NFP Partners has collected helpful resources and information to support your nonprofit organization while you adjust the ways in which you operate.
See below for:
- Virtual meetings and fundraising resources to consider in the midst of the novel COVID-19 pandemic
- Information on how outsourced accounting services can serve your needs, even during times of crisis
- Resources to personally review while working to dismantle systemic and institutionalized racism
At NFP Partners, we support our clients who are wanting to change the shortcomings of the world and stand by the African-American community who are steadily searching for ways to rid the world of the oppressive matters that have been placed upon them for far too long. See below for a list of resources on how you can move towards serving as an anti-racist ally and support Black peers, friends, and co-workers. For a more extensive list, click here.
Articles to Read
Videos to Watch
- “How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion” | Peggy McIntosh at TEDxTimberlaneSchools (18:26)
- Black Feminism & the Movement for Black Lives: Barbara Smith, Reina Gossett, Charlene Carruthers (50:48)
Books to Read
Films and TV Series to Watch
- 13th (Ava DuVernay) — Netflix
- American Son (Kenny Leon) — Netflix
- Dear White People (Justin Simien) — Netflix
- If Beale Street Could Talk (Barry Jenkins) — Hulu
- The Hate U Give (George Tillman Jr.) — Hulu with Cinemax
- Blindspotting (Carlos López Estrada) — Hulu with Cinemax or available to rent
- Clemency (Chinonye Chukwu) — Available to rent
- Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler) — Available to rent
- Just Mercy (Destin Daniel Cretton) — Available to rent for free in June in the U.S.
- Selma (Ava DuVernay) — Available to rent
Organizations to Follow on Social Media
Resources for Management
- Leading During Traumatic and Triggering Events (Clayton Robbins, Diversity Equity
- How to Manage When Things Are Not Okay (And Haven’t Been For Centuries) (The Management Center)
Financial Support Recommendations
- 25 Black-Owned Businesses You Can Support Right Now (Oprah Magazine)
- Tab for a Cause – if you want to donate money, but cannot, this Google chrome extension donates 1 cent for every new tab you open. This month they’re donating to the NAACP.
Nonprofit Accounting During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic
Click below to give it a listen!
Accounting Considerations During COVID-19
- Try to keep as on schedule as much as possible for all of the regular and annual tasks, like audit and 990
- Establish remote access to business files and accounting software. Is it hosted?
- Explore the operations of an A/P workflow to pay bills and make ACH payments. One option is to use Bill.com.
- Schedule remote meetings and regularly touch base with team members. For more on remote meetings, see below.
Questions to Ask
How will you..
- Deposit checks?
- Pay bills?
- Manage credit card transactions and compile your receipts?
- Get your invoices?
- Track employee time cards/sheets?
- Manage employee leave? Do you need to make adjustments to your leave plans? Keep your policies up to date.
Create Your Transition Plan
- Develop a list of tasks that can be done remotely vs. those that cannot. If the task(s) cannot be completed remotely, determine if the task(s) can temporarily be suspended.
- Determine if your company will continue remote work
How will your accounting department function in the new “normal”?
How will you schedule your team to ensure compliance with state and local requirements?
Articles of Interest
- Five Benefits of Outsourcing Your Nonprofit’s Accounting Functions During a Pandemic – BKD
- 13 Smart Ways To Adapt Your Fundraising Strategy During Tough Times – Forbes
- Protecting Your Organization’s Cash During Uncertain Times – NFP Partners
- In Times Of Crisis, Don’t Create Your Own – The NonProfit Times
- LinkedIn Live: With LinkedIn Live you can host keynote speeches, panels, thought leadership talks, news, and announcements through live broadcasts to your networks.
- LinkedIn also has free courses available on how to build relationships when you’re not face-to-face and use virtual meeting tools, such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, and Zoom.
- Staying Connected and Productive with Virtual Events – LinkedIn
How to Prepare for Future Organizational Crisis-Management
Check back soon!
NFP PArtners Blog Articles
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, NFP Partners offers guidance to help nonprofits understand the ins-and-outs of the Paycheck Protection Program.
NFP Partners has broken down the key points that each nonprofit organization leader should pay close attention to when reviewing financial reports.
NFP Partners shares how your nonprofit organization can ensure your newest team member is onboarded thoughtfully and effectively.